The word Tabakoshi Bengali তাবাকোশী Hindi/Nepali तांबाकोसी derives from two Nepali words Taba and Koshi. Nepali (तांबा) Taba meaning Copper which is a brown red metal and Nepali (कोसी ) Koshi meaning River. Therefore the place Tabakoshi got its name from the River that flows across the place due to its copper brown color.
Tabakoshi Distance and Location
Tabakoshi is an offbeat hamlet consisting of eight Tea Gardens namely Gopaldhara , Siyok, Turzum, Sungma, Chamong, Magarjung, Thurbu and Nagri T.E. Tabakoshi is virgin offbeat destination in Rangbang Valley. The tourist destination is surrounded by green organic tea gardens and virgin forests. River Rangbang flowing across the valley enhances the beauty of the place. Tabakoshi is only 58 kilometers from both NJP railway station and Bagdogra airport and 35 km from Dareeling town. These factors have made Tabakoshi new favourite offbeat destination for both locals and tourists.
Tabakoshi Height and Temperatures
Tabakoshi in Rangbang valley is situated at about 1100 meters (3608 ft) from the see level. The Summer temperatures rising up to 24℃. In winters the temperatures might drop down to -1°C. Hence Tabakoshi is pleasant throughout the year for the tourists to visit. You may opt for the Riverside Camping during winters as the whether is dry. During summers you can enjoy the wild water swimming in the river Rangbang.
Error: Your Requested widget " weather_master_widget_ds_current-2" is not in the widget list.
- [do_widget_area default_sidebar]
- [do_widget_area footer_widget_1]
- [do_widget_area footer_widget_2]
- [do_widget_area footer_widget_3]
- [do_widget_area footer_widget_4]
- [do_widget_area left_sidebar_404]
- [do_widget_area right_sidebar_404]
- [do_widget_area sidebar-1]
- [do_widget id="search-2"]
- [do_widget id="recent-posts-2"]
- [do_widget id="recent-comments-2"]
- [do_widget id="archives-2"]
- [do_widget id="categories-2"]
- [do_widget id="meta-2"]
- [do_widget_area sidebar-2]
- [do_widget_area sidebar-3]
- [do_widget_area sidebar-4]
- [do_widget_area sidebar-5]
- [do_widget_area sidebar-6]
- [do_widget_area widgets_for_shortcodes]
- [do_widget id="weather_master_widget_ds_current-2"]
- [do_widget_area wp_inactive_widgets]
How to reach Tabakoshi
People visiting Tabakoshi either have to come to Siliguri or Darjeeling first. Therefore there are two routs to Tabakoshi firstly from Siliguri secondly from Darjeeling. To know detailed rout kindly read How to reach Tabakoshi? .