Tabakoshi – offbeat tourist destination in Darjeeling North Bengal
About Tabakoshi (তাবাকোশী)
Tabakoshi (তাবাকোশী) is growing as one of the best offbeat tourist destinations in Darjeeling North Bengal. Tabakoshi is a tea village at an altitude of about 3608 ft. This offbeat place is surroundeds by several Tea Gardens producing the world famous brand of tea… “The Darjeeling Tea”. Besides River Rangbhang flowing through the valley enhance the beauty of this place. For tourists there are number of Homestay accommodations available in the area.
How to reach Tabakoshi?
There are two route to reach Tabakoshi route via Siliguri and the other one via Darjeeling.
- Route via Bagdogra airport or New Jalpaiguri Railway station (NJP) to Tabakoshi – From Bagdogra or NJP to Siliguri then to Mirik after crossing Mirik Bazar go ahead to Thurbu tea factory and take a right turn follow the route leading to Rangbang River valley Gopaldhara Tea Garden lower Division also known as Tabakosi . Approximate travel duration two hours.
- Route via Darjeeling Town – From Darjeeling town take the road to Ghoom Railway Station 8 km then take a Right turn towards Sukhia pokhri, from Sukhia Pokhari to Pokhriabong and from Pokhriabong to Rangvang River Valley Gopal Dhara Tea Garden lower Division also known as Tabakosi . Approximate travel duration one and a half hour from Darjeeling Town.
Error: Your Requested widget " weather_master_widget_ds_current-2" is not in the widget list.
- [do_widget_area default_sidebar]
- [do_widget_area footer_widget_1]
- [do_widget_area footer_widget_2]
- [do_widget_area footer_widget_3]
- [do_widget_area footer_widget_4]
- [do_widget_area left_sidebar_404]
- [do_widget_area right_sidebar_404]
- [do_widget_area sidebar-1]
- [do_widget id="search-2"]
- [do_widget id="recent-posts-2"]
- [do_widget id="recent-comments-2"]
- [do_widget id="archives-2"]
- [do_widget id="categories-2"]
- [do_widget id="meta-2"]
- [do_widget_area sidebar-2]
- [do_widget_area sidebar-3]
- [do_widget_area sidebar-4]
- [do_widget_area sidebar-5]
- [do_widget_area sidebar-6]
- [do_widget_area widgets_for_shortcodes]
- [do_widget id="weather_master_widget_ds_current-2"]
- [do_widget_area wp_inactive_widgets]
Highlights of the Place (Tabakoshi Sightseeing)
Tabakoshi Tourist Spot- Well maintained beautiful garden with swimming pool by the river Rangbang
Lord Siva Temple-A beautiful Temple beside river
Lord VishnuTemple- Tabakoshi has the only lord Vishnu Temple in the region
Tea Gardens– A number of tea gardens producing the world famous Darjeeling tea are located in and around Tabakoshi.
Tea Factory-There are two tea factories located in Taba Koshi, you may get a chance to visit Gopal Dhara Tea factory.
Fishing Point-Ask your home stay owner for the fishing point they will provide you fishing rods, try your hands out in fishing.
Horticulture-The region consists of small nurseries with varieties of trees,orchids and flowers.
Organic Farm and Orchards-People in Tabakoshi practice organic farming and the place consists of Orange orchards, ginger farms, cardamom fields etc.
Visit Mirik – Mirik is only 8 km from Tabakoshi. You can take a tour to Mirik. On the way to Mirik, there is a view point. Stop there to have a look at the vast expanse of the tea gardens and the surrounding hills.
Visit Mirik Lake – While at Mirik, visit the Sumendu Lake or the Mirik Lake. It is the heart of Mirik. There is an 80 ft (24 m) long footbridge over the lake. You can boat in the lake or take a horse ride around the lake.You can also visit the Debisthan, a temple located on a hillock near the Sumendu Lake at Mirik and the Mirik Church.
Visit to the Pashupati Market -The market is at the Indo-Nepal border and is a thriving market and centre for clothes, electronic goods and household items. You can find very good quality clothes, jackets and shoes at a cheap price if you can bargain well.